Basic Event Package (Private Parties/Gatherings)
Social clubs, garden clubs, and similar clubs are priced differently. Call for info.
Celebrate with your friends and family in our expansive field of lavender, large grassy spaces, bright blooming flowers
and enchanting rustic elegance. Dine among the trees, dance barefoot in the grass and host an event truly worth
Daytime Event: from 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM (you may book from 3 to 6 hours)
Rentals are for 3 hours with the option of booking one to three extra hours in advance for a fee of $100 per hour. Events must
conclude by sunset (unless lighting arrangement are made).
Allowing the Gardens to remain open to the public $225 for 3 hours
Exclusivity (closing the gardens to the public) $450 for 3 hours
($100/hour for extra hours)
Evening Event: from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM $450 (3 hours)
(Gardens are always closed to the public for evening events)
1. Exclusive use of the stage and center seating area OR
a. Seating near the Gift Shop, if preferred.
2. Six rustic wood picnic tables
3. One Porta potty (located by the Gift Shop)
4. Onsite parking
5. Moonstone staff will assist in set up and clean up
Evening events: Lighting is limited to solar, battery, and LED lighting which requires advance planning. An additional porta-potty,
placed close to the center area, is recommended.
Note: In the event of inclement weather, there is no shelter or cover in the gardens. If you must cancel due to inclement weather,
we will be happy to reschedule to a new date. Tents can be rented from Glenwood Equipment Rentals in advance if you wish to
prepare for the possibility of inclement weather.
What we can also provide – requires 30 days advance request:
1. 2 gallon beverage dispenser with lavender flavored iced tea or lemonade $50
2. Lavender mini-sugar cookies, 2 dozen $45
3. Lavender frosted chocolate or vanilla cupcakes (1 doz) $65
4. Croquet game set up $15
5. Additional porta potty $100/eac
6. Designer paper plates and plastic silverware prices vary
7. Tea party accessories (tea cups, saucers, tea infusers, hot tea) prices vary
8. Other lavender flavored baked items prices vary
9. Table cloths, table decor, theme decor prices vary
Note: all of our baked goods are made in Malvern, Iowa by Moreau’s Backerei
Food & Beverages
We do not have food preparation facilities on site. You are welcome to bring your own food & beverages, have a pot-luck with your
guests, or use caterers.
Catering: We recommend catering your event with:
- Sugar Clay Winery (just across the road) 712-628-2020
- Hy-Vee Stores in Shenandoah or Council Bluffs
- Boxed meals from Panera –Council Bluffs
- Baked goods: Moreau’s Backerei in Malven, Iowa 402-637-5813
You are welcome to cater with whomever you choose and we will work with them to insure that your food arrives on time and is
presented beautifully. Please coordinate delivery of goods with us to insure that someone is on hand to direct the caterer as
You may offer soda pop, water, or any other non-alcoholic drink for your guests.
1. Your caterer may provide the drinks.
2. Coordinate with us to provide coolers of water/pop/juice and have them chilled in advance. Price varies with quantity
3. Use of our 5-gallon beverage dispenser (see above)
Alcohol: Moonstone Lavender Gardens does not hold a liquor license. Only a licensed caterer, with a license to serve alcohol,
may bring and serve alcohol on the grounds. If you wish to provide alcohol, please discuss with us.
Music: You’re welcome to bring musicians to our gardens. Keep in mind that there is no electricity to the stage area.
Other suggestions: You may wish to rent chairs, tables, or tents for a party with greater than 50 guests. Glenwood Equipment
Rental offers party rentals. Please coordinate delivery of rental items with us to insure that someone in on hand to direct their
Photography: Feel free to take photos!! Professional photographers welcome. If you need recommendations for professional
photographers, just ask.
Set Up: You may setup one hour before start time of your event. If you require more time, please discuss with us.
Other: If you have other needs or questions please discuss with us. We are always open to your ideas or needs.
Clean Up: Moonstone Lavender Gardens is not responsible for clean-up of your decorations, belongings, or rental items after your
event. We will see to the disposal of trash. We will be responsible for the decorations we set up.
We request that you be considerate of the materials that you use. We do encourage recycling as much as possible and will be glad
to help you in that regard. All rental items, tables, chairs, equipment, etc., are your responsibility. Finally, please be certain that all
items are collected and that the parking area is vacant by the designated end time.
Rental Deposit: The farm rental deposit of $25 is due to hold the date and time. If the renter cancels the reservation eight weeks
or more before the event, the deposit is refundable. Otherwise, the deposit is forfeited.
If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will be happy to schedule a new date for you.
Rental contract: A signed rental contract is required to hold your date and time. We will provide the contract once the details are